Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fitness Club's Winter Comp.



The "Mighty Men" Fitness Club has been meeting for approximately 2 and half months. Our small room has turned from house to gym. We meet in the morning from 9am to 12pm and in the evening we meet from 5:30 to 9pm. We have 30 names, 20 attendees, 10 dedicated, 5 that come to both sessions, and 1 that is here from 8am-9pm with only a 3 to 4 hour break in the middle of the day. It has been an amazing opportunity to get to meet the young men of the neighborhood!

During winter things seem to be moving very slow, including myself. It does take a minute to get moving in the morning when there is no daylight until you have already been up for many hours. This has decreased our regular attendance a bit, but I am always surprised when people show up! For example, today was a -40 C and youth were still knocking on the door at 8am to begin working out.

I have been thinking a lot about 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

“Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last;”

The Guys above are the dedicated whom competed in our winter competition. Many said they would come and compete, but didn't show up. Those above trained hard for the last couple months to receive the gold medal, but only one received the honor.

“But we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

Now it is amazing to see these young men pushing themselves, getting stronger and more excited about our meetings, but it is all for a crown that will rust and fade! We hope to lead these young men toward a crown that will not RUST. That will not FADE! To see them in the Kingdom as Champions!


Please pray that we live what we teach so that we will not be disqualified. That these young men see Christ in our lives and in our reflections. That they will run the race worthy of their dedication!

Larry J. Lain

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for fitness clubs near me and I stumble on your post. I wish you would be an inspiration to teenagers.

    ReplyDelete